Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

NFL Week 15 2021- Does your team have playoff fever (and/) or do they just have COVID-19 symptoms?

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
nfl-week-15-against-the-spread-pick-em.png

AA484

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Just for shits and giggles:

Chargers +3.5
Raiders +6.5
Patriots -1.5
Panthers +10.5
Dolphins -8.5
Eagles -4.5
Lions +13.5
Giants +10.5
Titans -2.5
Texans +3.5
Falcons +8.5
Broncos -1.5
Packers -6.5
Seahawks +7.5
Bucs -10.5
Vikings -3.5

Zetterberg is God

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Pretty much a must win and Allen will most likely be hobbled. Hopefully he doesn't have to be Superman like last week but if they can't beat a 5-8 team at home with the ghost of Cam Newton at QB and no CMC they don't deserve to be in the playoffs anyway.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Don't count your chickens before they hatch, brother. Bills have already gotten beat by one former Pats QB this season.

Zetterberg is God

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Not counting anything but if they can hang 30+ on the road against a good defense it's pretty inexcusable to lose this one with their playoff lives hanging by a thread. Carolina has a good defense too I suppose but still. Atlanta's is no damn good and they made Cam look like a chump last week.

HarleyQuinn

Laugh This Off... Puddin'!
Staff member
Reaction score
Tons of players are catching COVID this week including Christian McCaffrey (who was on IR already) across multiple sports. The Colts have already stated that they'll be daring Mac Jones to beat them with his arm so it will be an interesting game to watch. Belichick has plans to stop JTT from running the ball but we'll see if Wentz can make him pay through the air as the Colts have arguably as many weapons as the Patriots do.

Cool tweet seeing that Bourne and Meyers rank in the Top 5 in fastest burst off the line of scrimmage, up there with Terry McLaurin, D.J. Moore, and Tyler Lockett. Just another way of saying that speed helps but isn't the be-all/end-all of getting open in the NFL when running routes.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Baker Mayfield & Kevin Stefanski both tested positive for COVID and are out this week.

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Michelle Tafoya is out as sideline reporter on SNF for saying a bunch of idiotic stuff on the View. She compared covid to the flu, criticized critical race theory and bashed Colin Kaepernick

BruiserBrody

Integral Poster
Reaction score
[quote author=BRODY link=topic=7317.msg606823#msg6

Sex Machine Gun

Kotzenjunge
Reaction score
Crowd-of-sports-fans-cheering.jpg

WOOOOOOOO

I'm not even a Jaguars fan outside of always rooting for underdogs and this fills my morning with joy. Go on back to the daycare nursery you fucking joke, grown-ass men are trying to do work here. Enjoy having your lil' fiefdom somewhere and stay the fuck away from the professionals.

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
A lot of the reasons these college head coaches fail is because they are so used to handling college kids who need discipline/scheduled planning/oversight (think your Chip Kelly or Bobby Petrino types) and when they hit the NFL, these guys are grown men making literally millions of dollars who don't need to be handheld or scared straight to perform & stay in line (think your Greg Schiano or Urban Meyer types).

It's a bit of a fine line but what's also interesting is that a lot of these college coaches have 1 year, maybe, of NFL coaching experience whether it be as an assistant or as a coordinator (even see Matt Rhule having 1 year as AOL Coach for the Giants in 2012) then they're thrown into the mix as a HC! and it's a recipe for disaster. Carroll made the jump back but he was a longtime NFL assistant and had a HC stop with the Jets.

It'd be like telling somebody: I see you worked 1 year in the filing department at Apple and ran a Mom & Pop Tech Company for 12 years with success. Let's make you CEO of Apple!

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It'd be like telling somebody: I see you worked 1 year in the filing department at Apple and ran a Mom & Pop Tech Company for 12 years with success. Let's make you CEO of Apple!

Kind of a normal thing. Some dumbass takes over a company because their mom or dad had the job before. Almost always turns out like Urban Meyer.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Barring MAYBE the Jags winning out the rest of the season, I think Urban Meyer would have been fired after the season regardless of him using Josh Lambo's back as a kickpad being revealed. Beating the Jets and Texans (and worsening their draft standing) couldn't or at least shouldn't be able to save a job!

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Given the choice, I can’t decide which Urban trainwreck moment I would have paid more for to see in person: telling his staff “I’m a WINNER and you’re all a bunch of LOSERS!” or kicking one of his players mid-stretch while saying ”Hey dipshit, make your fucking kicks!” And that doesn’t even get into the fiasco with the coed at his bar outside Columbus.

He’s awful, but he was never boring, I’ll give him that much.

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Anybody following what is happening with the Browns right now? This is nuts. A metric shit ton of players out, league refuses to consider rescheduling the game on Saturday (despite most of the people on the Covid list already being vaccinated the NFL saying last summer it wouldn’t put teams with an outbreak among vaccinated players at a competitive disadvantage).

Today, the Browns were told by the league today that only players who self-reported symptoms or were close contacts had to be tested (trying to sneak positive players through so the game could be played Saturday?). Players union stepped in and said “that’s not the protocol,” so after the team met for practice, they had to test everyone. More positives found. League still not budging on refusing to postpone. Just an absolute farce.

Tino Standard

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Rams now have 25 (!!!) players on the COVID list with a just-announced new batch of positives. What the fuck are we even doing at this point?

HarleyQuinn

Staff member
Reaction score
Chargers just gonna Chargers as they lost to the Chiefs in OT last night. Neither defense looked very good overall either. Chiefs D was ass, giving up 192 on the ground while the Chiefs threw the ball 47 times and rarely ran it against the league's 31st ranked Rush D.