Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

NBA Playoffs 2024

Staff member
Reaction score
If the Nuggets win this series it isn’t some kind of Denver magic or whatever. They get way too many offensive boards. That’s the reason.

Staff member
Reaction score
So when I get home I see that Denver had 14 offensive boards. Outrebounded the Lakers by 13 boards. That about sums it up. It's not anything more than that. At some point when you're a coach you have to make an adjustment and take out poorly performing offensive players for someone who will grab you a board. Jaxson Hayes didn't play. If you're Darvin Ham you're inviting this on yourself. In the second half it felt like Denver scored every time down the floor. Either they scored on their first chance or they grabbed a board and scored on the next one.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Poor day shift bartender at the Jacksonville Buffalo Wild Wings’ shoulder must be killing him from all of the jubilant slaps @Incandenza is giving them this afternoon.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Got to budget conscious in Genocide Joe Brandon's America and save the BDubs trips for series clinchers. I get it.

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I briefly considered going out to a bar for this game, but day three of the NFL draft was going on concurrently and living in an NFL town I didn't want to risk trying to find a place that was willing to show anything other than third day of the draft.

(This might sound ridiculous, but look, I spent an hour this morning in a coffee shop a few blocks from my house and the number of people there wearing Jags merch? I'd rather watch the game at home than hope so random bar might turn one of their screens to this game.)

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Maybe this will be less of an issue in round two assuming Orlando makes it that far. I don't know. When the Tom Brady-led Bucs won a Superbowl a few years back I saw so many people in public wearing Buccaneers gear, whereas I saw pretty much no one around town before rocking their shit. People like winners. LeBron-era Heat led to a lot of locals donning Miami Heat shirts. People like winners.

Reaction score
I briefly considered going out to a bar for this game, but day three of the NFL draft was going on concurrently and living in an NFL town I didn't want to risk trying to find a place that was willing to show anything other than third day of the draft.

(This might sound ridiculous, but look, I spent an hour this morning in a coffee shop a few blocks from my house and the number of people there wearing Jags merch? I'd rather watch the game at home than hope so random bar might turn one of their screens to this game.)

I went to a diner today and told the host to put the NFL Draft on over the NHL Playoffs (he tried to change it after I told someone to put the NFL Draft on). He told me I was out of my mind but I was like is anyone watching the NHL playoffs in here? We were going back and forth but he still changed it back to the NFL Draft. You just gotta tell them what’s up.

Edit: fuck, I just realized you didn’t want to watch the NFL Draft. Uhh, I’ve had a few.

Last edited:

Staff member
Reaction score
Most people would consider this sacrilege but Anthony Edwards reminds me of Kobe.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Kristaps Porzingis out for several games with a right soleus strain.

Hmmm. Lanky Celtics big man out with an injury, second round series against Orlando possibly looming…

Mickey Massuco

wipeoff
Reaction score
I was rooting for the Knicks due to wanting to rekindle the great raptors/knicks rivalry that’s been referenced in my posts over the past ten years, so I’m sad to see this happen. Also I heard they want to give up most of their roster to pair Booker with Brunson. I don’t think that would be a good move.

Also, they will still go to the finals this year, you heard it here first.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It’s hard to call a changing of the guards until after it happens but Bucks, Suns, Lakers, and Heat all getting eliminated in the first round in relatively unceremonious fashion does feel like a changing of the guards.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
I'd like to say the Bucks just got unlucky with the injuries to Giannis and Lillard. But, and I hope I'm wrong, Giannis might just be starting to get old and this team isn't a Finals type team anymore.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
It is nuts to think Giannis is 10+ years into his career. It seems like yesterday he was the scrawny, raw but explosive rookie that was the highlight for the worst team in Milwaukee Bucks history

strummer

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Pretty sure at my age I can no longer take the stress of the playoffs.

Remember like 3 weeks ago I predicted the Knicks would somehow draw the Sixers in the 1st round and lose a heartbreaking series...