Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

NBA Playoffs 2024

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
East

(1) Boston

(2) New York

(3) Milwaukee vs (6) Indiana: Two previous playoff meetings, both won by the Pacers, most recently a 3-2 first round victory in 2000.

(4) Cleveland vs (5) Orlando: The Magic won the only previous meeting between the two teams, 4 games to 2, in the 2009 Eastern Conference Finals.

East play-in:
(7) Philadelphia vs (8) Miami (winner plays New York in 1st round)
(9) Chicago vs (10) Atlanta (winner plays loser of 7/8 game, of which winner plays Boston in 1st round)

West

(1) Oklahoma City

(2) Denver

(3) Minnesota vs (6) Phoenix: This is the first-ever playoff series between the Timberwolves and Suns.

(4) LA Clippers vs (5) Dallas: Two previous meetings, both won by the Clippers, most recently a 4-3 victory in 2021.

West play-in
(7) New Orleans vs (8) LA Lakers (winner plays Denver in 1st round)
(9) Sacramento vs (10) Golden State (winner plays loser of 7/8 game, of which winner plays Oklahoma City in 1st round)

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Jimmy Butler should enter that play in game to John Cena’s theme to really drum up the HEAT in Philadelphia.

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
MY WILDLY OVERCONFIDENT PREDICTION

Orlando makes it to the Finals and is utterly humiliated by whatever WC team they meet.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Looking forward to Inc’s unhinged excitement as Orlando takes a 2-0 lead over the Boston Celtics before getting blown out in the next four games in a row in the conference semi-finals.

Brocklock

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Caruso is going to be out too because dumbass Drummond was just barreling down the court and gave him the Pounce and stepped on his ankle. Need DeRozan, Ayo, and Coby to step up.

The worst thing is that the Bulls front office/Reinsdorf have to be loving the idea of The Bulls winning the play-in and getting swept by The Celtics. So they can resign DeRozan, keep Vucevic and Lavine, and run the same team back for the Fourth season in a row. This time Lonzo might be back for reals.

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
West

(1) Oklahoma City vs (8) New Orleans - This is the first-ever playoff series between the Thunder and Pelicans.

(2) Denver vs (7) LA Lakers - The Nuggets and Lakers have met seven times prior in the postseason, with the Lakers winning the first six meetings, but the Nuggets won the most recent meeting, sweeping the Lakers in last year's Western Conference Finals.

East

(1) Boston vs (8) Miami - Six previous meetings, with the Heat winning four, including narrowly escaping last year's Eastern Conference Finals, where they became just the fourth team in history to be pushed to a Game 7 after holding a 3-0 series lead.

(2) New York vs (7) Philadelphia - The Knicks have had nine previous meetings against the 76ers franchise in the postseason, but have won just three of those meetings. They did, however, win the last meeting, which was all the way back in 1989, a 3-0 first round sweep.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Boston in 5
Cleveland in 7 (sorry Inc)
Indiana in 6
New York in 5

Oklahoma City in 6
Los Angeles Clippers in 7
Minnesota in 4
Denver in 6

Conference Semi Finals
Boston in 6
New York in 6

LA Clippers in 7
Denver in 7

Conference Finals
Boston in 5
Denver in 6

NBA Finals
Boston in 7

alfdogg

Alfdogg
Reaction score
I still like Denver until someone beats them, but even though last year was a sweep I think the Lakers will give them the toughest fight out of any of the potential first-round matchups they had. Aside from the Celtics I think any of the higher seeds have the potential to be upset.

Here are my All-NBA teams.

1st
Nikola Jokic
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
Luka Doncic
Giannis Antetokounmpo
Jalen Brunson

2nd
Jayson Tatum
Domantas Sabonis
Anthony Davis
Anthony Edwards
Kawhi Leonard

3rd
LeBron James
Kevin Durant
Devin Booker
Tyrese Haliburton
Zion Williamson

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Damian Lillard has 35 in the first half for the Bucks. I guess he took all of the comments about him being washed and/or a bad fit in Milwaukee personally.

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
What's it like being a fan of a playoff team that can't score points? Turns out I can answer that question.

Incandenza

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Orlando's playoff performance so far is especially annoying because they're still a stout defensive team but being good on defense only goes so far because you can't win a game without SCORING MORE THAN THE OTHER TEAM

JHawk

Thank You, Fuck You, Bye!
Reaction score