Chat! culturecrossfire.slack.com

Conrad Thompson, Double J, Freddie Prinze Jr and the quest for a #3 promotion in North America

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Even a "woke" company like AEW is still really only a purple pill (RIP Proof) wrestling promotion at best.

Valeyard

Retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Reaction score
He just had to go picking on Bayley-related things. Bastard.

Kross is a good pick if you don't want to hire Crimson.

Valeyard

Reaction score
Crimson protecting Kross is a wild notion.

Wonder what SMG thinks of this wrestling talk.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Too bad so sad.

Has any promoter ever complained that their promotion failed because their top guy was too big of a star? I guess it’s a variation of the “our promotion failed cause a bigger promotion kept raiding our talent.” But it seems different saying that your promotion failed because your first draft pick was too much of a star.

I guess it is fitting that CYN is the late ‘00s/early ‘10s Orlando Magic of wrestling. Maybe the mid ‘90s Golden State Warriors is a better comparison since at least, the Magic had the NBA Finals run in ‘09. Braun and EC3 are more comparable to Dwight Howard and Rashard Lewis than Chris Webber and Chris Mullin.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
Sorry a lifetime of reading Bill Simmons columns has rotted my brain.

Maybe he should start a wrestling promotion.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score
CYN is the Seattle Pilots. A franchise that failed within a year with a couple of fringe names, scrubs, and gave the world better reading material than baseball/wrestling.
Idk how I feel about Braun Strowman being the Jim Bouton of pro wrestling.

Or I guess maybe EC3 is the Jim Bouton of wrestling and Braun is whoever was the best player on the Seattle Pilots.

King Kamala

Integral Poster
Reaction score

Valeyard

Reaction score
Prestige is slowly rolling out the card for the show here and they're heavily pushing Cardona vs the return of Tyler Breeze. Freddie is an idiot.

snuffbox

Integral Poster
Reaction score
CYN is the Seattle Pilots. A franchise that failed within a year with a couple of fringe names, scrubs, and gave the world better reading material than baseball/wrestling.

Godammit that means these republican twirps are coming here